Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Driver Upgrade

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Driver Upgrade

    I found a Linux driver for my 3Com 3C450. There's no built-in support for my NIC via the Knoppix CD, can I somehow integrate the drivers into the .iso image via a slipstream? I imagine all the drivers are in the "knoppix"[708.495KB] file but I have no idea how to edit/enhance it.


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Driver Upgrade

    --If it's a binary driver, you can ' insmod ' it. If not, then follow the instructions to compile it and then insmod it. (You may have to copy it into /lib/modules/blah somewhere.)

    Quote Originally Posted by xr6vn9z
    I found a Linux driver for my 3Com 3C450. There's no built-in support for my NIC via the Knoppix CD, can I somehow integrate the drivers into the .iso image via a slipstream? I imagine all the drivers are in the "knoppix"[708.495KB] file but I have no idea how to edit/enhance it.


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    4
    I too am trying to get a driver to work with knoppix, but it needs to be compiled first. Following the instructions isn't a problem, the problem lies in if you're running off the cd, you can't copy the source to /usr/src. And being a newb, I don't know (and don't want to mess with the shell scripts for compiling. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --If you have >96MB of RAM or so, you can copy things to /ramdisk to compile them. If the script is hardcoded to look in /usr/src tho, you might be able to get some help with ' SCRIPTNAME -h ' or --h or --help. Otherwise you can just copy the script to a backup file, edit the original and change the hardcoded location.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptik
    I too am trying to get a driver to work with knoppix, but it needs to be compiled first. Following the instructions isn't a problem, the problem lies in if you're running off the cd, you can't copy the source to /usr/src. And being a newb, I don't know (and don't want to mess with the shell scripts for compiling. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    4
    Thanks, I'll give that a try

Similar Threads

  1. How to upgrade
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM
  2. Nforce 2 driver/USB driver
    By gecco in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
  3. Done in by apt-get upgrade
    By rozen in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. problem using apt-get with upgrade/dist-upgrade
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$135.65