-
Unable to connect to the Internet ADSL-nic
Hi guys,
I am really do not know what more to do. I am not able to get a working connection to the Internet from my desktop. I run knoppix r3.2, booting nodhcp and dhcp each time. I configure my network interface card with all ip and gateways itīs needed. But it doesnīt work. With a lsmod I see the kernel module I need for my nic. If I try ifconfig eth0 up a message: "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy" appears. A ifconfig -a shows me eth0 as non-up. I see resolv.conf and the DNSīs are there. Ok, I think, the default gateway, so I type route add default gw (ip) and next message: "SIOCADDRT: Operation not allowed". Well, what appears in /etc/gateways? nothing. And /etc/network/interfaces looks nice.
men, I need your help, Iīll loose my patient...
Thanks a lot
Similar Threads
-
By lostinspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By apessos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 06:12 AM
-
By raven in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By rajivvyas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:01 PM
-
By cycopy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99