-
Thanks for your reply rick.
Not related to your internet problems, it simply can't find the floppy drive. Do you even have a floppy?
No.
Oh adsl eh? That particular modem (from what I've read) has it's own DHCP server built in. Very cool if you want to build a home network.
Soon, I hope.
As I understand it you can't have an MTU of higher than 1412- yours is set to 1500 (standard) but I guess that won't work. Have you used the ADSL/PPPOE configuration tool? It can be found here:
Kmenu>Internet>Connect>ADSL/PPPOE configuration tool
Normally I do use this tool but I didn't when I went in to get the above info for this post.
Hmmmmm- the s900 module is loaded but not in use. Add the following to /etc/network/interfaces:
Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 1412
I'll try this tonight when I get home and post the results.
Until then...
Similar Threads
-
By rakeron in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 05:56 AM
-
By sub_lock in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:56 PM
-
By craig8429 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 09:41 PM
-
By darktiger in forum Networking
Replies: 18
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 08:58 PM
-
By manjo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99