Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Md5sum test gave differences? How come?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Purmerend, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2

    Md5sum test gave differences? How come?

    Hi people,

    After seven coasters burned I found with the help of someone else on another forum that the md5sum output on the ISO file downloaded didn't match with the Md5 file from the website I downloaded it from. That's why all the cd's gave a fair amount of sense errors.

    Can anyone tell me how the ISO can be 'corrupt' and tell me how to prevent this when I try a download of the ISO again?

    Cheers,

    Gahan

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47
    Bad download, but seven times is a bit much. Tried using a download manager? You can use FreshDownload on W32 http://www.freshdevices.com , totally free and with no ad/spyware unlike Gozilla. Otherwise you are looking at forking out a few euros for someone elses CD download. http://www.cheapbytes.com offer Knoppix for 4.75 euros or about £3.13 (conversions at http://www.xe.com/ucc). Personally if I didn't have access to a T1 at work then I would use Cheapbytes all the time (I like to play with distros).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Purmerend, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Hi Flibble,

    Thanks for your advice. I have downloaded a new ISO and this time the md5sum test was good, but after burning it I still get sense errors when booting from the cd. I think it's caused by the brand of cd's or my cd rom burner (a HP 9100+). I'm going to cheapbytes to get me a cd. Conversion is not necessary, I'm Dutch so I'll pay in Euro's.

    Cheers mate!

    Gahan

Similar Threads

  1. OS Design Differences
    By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
  2. md5sum
    By empro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. MD5sum
    By Moob in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
  4. Dual Boot, Differences from Debian
    By schnarff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:28 PM
  5. Differences Between Knoppix HDInstall & Woody?
    By HalVaughan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$66.31



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99