-
Remasting from damn small linux
I recently tried to remaster from damn small linux, but was confronted with the fact that there is no mkisofs command... I'm kinda new to the whole remastering and was wondering if anyone had any success, and if so, how did you do it?
-
I fixed my own problem, but now i'm experiencing some aweful bloat issues. I first noticed it, and then ran a test. I copied damn small linux over, and then without editing anything, I remade it. The iso is now 129mb, instead of 50mb... I didnt remove, or add anything. So I have no idea whats going on. Any ideas?
I used knoppix 3.1 to remaster damn small linux. Maybe that is the issue?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Did you re-compress the KNOPPIX file as per the directions here? Most specifically, this line:
Code:
#mkisofs -R /mnt/hda3/KNOPPIX | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda3/NewCD/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
-
I sure did. I used that one and this beast of a command:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
Which basically does the same exact thing.
-
To me, it seems that you didn't unmount the proc-filesystem before remastering... am I right ?
In the chrooted environment, try to : umount -l -f /proc
before building the ISO...
Hope it helped.
-
Junior Member
registered user
libc6
I have been playing with damn small and an into a problem with libc6 which errors saying it isn't fully installed. Along with ethereal. . .
I have searched google and so forth to no avail. . .any ideas or is it something obvious?
-
The new 0.4.2 version seems to have a problem with apt-get, even after unpacking the dpkg.tar.gz !
Either I am doing somthing wrong, or adding dpkg.tar.gz doesn't work for the 0.4.2 version..
-
Junior Member
registered user
Actually I was having the same issue when I was playing with DS. I finally gave up and took Model K and updated the 35MB ISO then built up from there. I had even tried upgrading dpkg to no avail on DS.
-J-
-
cookiepuss : where did you get model-K ? (or did you still have it laying around somewhere ?)
I ask this 'cause the links on the "Customizations" page didn't seem to work...
-
Junior Member
registered user
L.A.S. Knoppix 0.3b
I have had it for some time now. If you want what I have so far you can find it here: http://localareasecurity.com there is a dpkg -l on the site.
-J- :P
Similar Threads
-
By fatso in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
-
By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By arbs22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 04:39 AM
-
By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00