-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Transcode/liblcms

Originally Posted by
brianmat
I installed Knoppix to my hard drive (install was cake - great app so far) and I am trying to install Transcode.
I have installed Synaptic to make life easy for a Windows user, but I am having trouble getting this installed due to liblcms not playing well.
If I try to install liblcms it hoses KDE and tries to remove about 75 applications.
Is there a way to install Transcode? (keep in mind this is my first successful HD install of Linux in recorded history so I am very Windows centric).
Unless it is totally uninstable you can get it to work it probably wants to install a older version of liblcms and that is what is causing your problems. Try apt-cache policy liblcms although now that I look at my install liblcms has nothing to do with transcode.
Code:
[05:56 PM Fri Jul 18: stephen @ ~]
>$ apt-cache policy liblcms
liblcms:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 1.08-3
Version Table:
1.08-3 0
990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
[06:01 PM Fri Jul 18: root @ /home/stephen]
># apt-get -s install transcode
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
liba52-0.7.4 libavifile0.7c102 libdivxdecore0 libdivxencore0 libfame-0.9
liblame0 libpostproc0 libquicktime1 libxvidencore0
The following NEW packages will be installed:
liba52-0.7.4 libavifile0.7c102 libdivxdecore0 libdivxencore0 libfame-0.9
liblame0 libpostproc0 libquicktime1 libxvidencore0 transcode
0 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Inst liba52-0.7.4 (0.7.4-1 Debian:testing)
Inst libavifile0.7c102 (0.7.33.20030314-1 Debian:unstable)
Inst libfame-0.9 (0.9.0-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst liblame0 (3.93.1-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst libpostproc0 (0.90rc4-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst libquicktime1 (0.9.2pre1-8 Debian:unstable)
Inst libxvidencore0 (1:0.9.1-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst libdivxdecore0 (1:5.0.1-1 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst libdivxencore0 (1:5.0.1-1 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Inst transcode (2:0.6.8-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf liba52-0.7.4 (0.7.4-1 Debian:testing)
Conf libavifile0.7c102 (0.7.33.20030314-1 Debian:unstable)
Conf libfame-0.9 (0.9.0-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf liblame0 (3.93.1-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf libpostproc0 (0.90rc4-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf libquicktime1 (0.9.2pre1-8 Debian:unstable)
Conf libxvidencore0 (1:0.9.1-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf libdivxdecore0 (1:5.0.1-1 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf libdivxencore0 (1:5.0.1-1 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
Conf transcode (2:0.6.8-0.0 Unofficial Packages Free:unstable)
As you can see there is no mention of the liblcms could you post the output of the simulated install command from your install so I can see what it is doing?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00