What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I did a Redhat9 install recently and there was an option "linux mediacheck" (something like that) from the menu that checks the disc to see if it is a good image. How about making an md5sum of the cloop image and putting it in the initrd image and having an option to verify the image is good before chrooting it? Certainly might help some of the newbie issues.
I realize you can do this after the download but that is assuming the user knows what md5sum is and has the software downloaded. If it was in the initrd image, you could check it during the boot.
What about the "testcd" cheat code? That's what I've been advising people who think they have a bad image to use.
I must have missed it then. Doh! :P

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00