Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No re-start Windows after using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    No re-start Windows after using Knoppix

    Hi everybody,

    I have installed windows XP Pro in my home computer, but I decide to try Knoppix. This morning I ran Knoppix for teh first time, and everything was OK. But when I tried to re-start my computer in windows mode, after the first screen of Windows XP, the screen got blank and nothing appeared. I shut off the computer and I waited for a while (5-10 minutes) and re-started the computer. Then windows appeared normally except for a warning message saying something like: "Error in c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll missing entry: NvSTARTUP". When I restarted the computer again blank screen, wait for a while, warning message etc.

    I would appreciate any help about this.

    Thanks in advance

    Pepe Martin
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I found this about your very problem. Seems to be related to Nvidia drivers.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    This is really wierd. According to the link that
    rickenbacherus gave the problem seems to be related to a previous install of the nvidia drivers within windows or overclocking the card. But it sounds like dermatas only had this problem after running Knoppix. Is this right or is he leaving out some relevant info?

Similar Threads

  1. how to start vnc server so i can connect from windows vnc?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
  2. Before I Start Knoppix
    By Barton71 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
  3. Got knoppix but had to start windows!!
    By rsmanyan in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
  4. How do you start knoppix?
    By Login_Here in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:24 AM
  5. Knoppix does not start
    By mundhra_ritesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes picture

Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes

$199.99



DELL INSPIREON 8200 VINTAGE LAPTOP picture

DELL INSPIREON 8200 VINTAGE LAPTOP

$85.00



Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Upgrade Big Box 3.5 Floppy Set CIB UNTESTED picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Upgrade Big Box 3.5 Floppy Set CIB UNTESTED

$55.00



Vintage ECS AL486 Baby AT Motherboard Socket 3 Intel i486 + Front Bezel picture

Vintage ECS AL486 Baby AT Motherboard Socket 3 Intel i486 + Front Bezel

$175.00



Vintage VGA Video Graphics Card (Vision964, Trio64V+, PVGA1A, GD5446) picture

Vintage VGA Video Graphics Card (Vision964, Trio64V+, PVGA1A, GD5446)

$200.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS) picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS)

$199.90



Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case picture

Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case

$99.99



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON picture

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON

$119.89



Vtg 1994 Toshiba T4850CT/200 Laptop For Parts/Repair  ONLY picture

Vtg 1994 Toshiba T4850CT/200 Laptop For Parts/Repair ONLY

$99.89