Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New Knoppix Release - V3.2-2003-07-24

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1
    http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/knoppix...-CHANGELOG.txt

    * V3.2-2003-07-25
    - workaround for erraneouos DNS update script of pppconfig 2.2.0
    - dma bootoption now also enables DMA for CD-Roms
    - enable Promise controller softwareraid on boot (Kernel 2.4.21)
    - added atmel drivers for wireless cards

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228

    What version GnomeMeeting

    Darn!
    Just downloaded version 07-04. Guess I'll have to look for 07-05 now! Good thing I didn't burn it to CD. Think I'm going to just start using CDRW for my distros!

    Do the updated versions contain GnomeMeeting .98 yet, or are they still at 0.96.1?

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13
    Thanks to those who pointed out that I was using the wrong command to effect Fabian's installer. Must pay more attention in class.

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Oh well, even with 20030725, I still cannot print colored text from KATE to my HP DeskJet 930C using CUPS....

    Regards,

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    29

    CDRW

    Please DO use CDRW for Knoppix as it changes so fast! CDRW works well on modern CD-ROMs and you save the envioronment too

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    For some reason I've never been able to burn on CD-RW media, much less reburn. I use Memorex media (CD-R data 700MB) in my CD-RW drive (toshiba). Whenever I use CD-RW media (tried several brands) I just get a Linux Coaster!

    Can anyone recommend CD-RW media?

    TIA,

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: CDRW

    Quote Originally Posted by softgun
    Please DO use CDRW for Knoppix as it changes so fast! CDRW works well on modern CD-ROMs and you save the envioronment too
    no, please don't.

    Give all your old Knoppix to friends.

    If each person just would tell two persons ...

    cu

    Fabian

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    Hi! I'm just trying knoppix-installer, and it seems I have found a bug... after i used the partitioner (wasnt qtparted used in the installer? whatever) i got an "usage for Xdialog" screen. and every time I restart knoppix-installer, after the intitial 'welcome'screen I'm thrown into that usagescreen again. the console says:
    Fatal dialog error:
    Xdialog: missing list parameters !

    and then the usage...

    another question, I've formatted my partition on which I will install knoppix with reiserFS, but the installer warned me it was going to format it with ext3 (after which I choose 'back' instead of next, choose 'partitioning', and was thrown into the very interesting usage for xdialog-screen)

    but how to install on the reiserfs-partition without re-formatting?

    grtz

    Jos

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    Hi! I'm just trying knoppix-installer, and it seems I have found a bug... after i used the partitioner (wasnt qtparted used in the installer? whatever) i got an "usage for Xdialog" screen. and every time I restart knoppix-installer, after the intitial 'welcome'screen I'm thrown into that usagescreen again. the console says:
    Fatal dialog error:
    Xdialog: missing list parameters !

    and then the usage...

    another question, I've formatted my partition on which I will install knoppix with reiserFS, but the installer warned me it was going to format it with ext3 (after which I choose 'back' instead of next, choose 'partitioning', and was thrown into the very interesting usage for xdialog-screen)

    but how to install on the reiserfs-partition without re-formatting?

    grtz

    Jos
    I'm sorry for this bug. I'll see where it comes from, when I'm back home.

    For the other problem just save the configuration, open it with an text-editor, change "ext3" to "reiserfs" or set HD_FORMAT to "no" ...

    Then re-load this configuration with the installers load-function ...

    Then you get what you want ...

    cu

    Fabian

    PS: I'm really, really sorry for the above bug. Hope I can fix it before the next release, but atm I have not much time ...

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100

    new installer

    I know this is not the right place to post but since were talking about the new "knoppix-installer".........

    I used it to install the new 7-26 knoppix to hd and like the new stuff and it worked great.I would just like to request that you include the option to say "no" to the services like sshd and mail-server and stuff like the old knx-hdinstall" and more importiantly to be able to say "no" to kdm as this would be usefull on a remaster that didnt include kde.I like to boot my system to textmode after a hd install and start what I want or work in console and was not given this option with the new installer.Mabey I just missed it and it's there?

    Anyway we still have the old installer too so it's no biggie....just a thought.

    Great work Fabian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:23 AM
  5. NEW RELEASE - KNOPPIX V3.2-2003-07-25
    By gjakuipers in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95