Green tick and red crosshair - sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this some sort of monitoring utility or something?
Hello,
there is a place where it is possible to see the configuration of your kernel.
It shows your kernell with green tick, red cross and gear...
But after installing knoppix on my HDD if I try to go their, it says me that I have a bad kernel...
It is normal???
Ludo
Green tick and red crosshair - sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this some sort of monitoring utility or something?
The KDE kernel configuratior does not seem to work on the install to the HD it looks for the file config.in but IIRC the config file is located in the /boot directory as config-2.4.20-xfs.Originally Posted by Coume
To re-compile the kernel you need the source and I don't think it is included when you do the hard disk install of Knoppix. The kernel config utility would be failing because it cannot find the source code.
Perhaps someone can confirm or correct this?
Joe
That's correct. The kernel source is not included, only some header files. You'll need to direct your browser to http://www.kernel.org and download the sources for the kernel.
Either that or apt-get kernel-source-2.4.?? to get the source from the debian mirrors. replace ?? with the kernel you want.Originally Posted by Viro
Will it matter that the Knoppix kernel has XFS support added? or can he just grab the kernel source from Debian and go with that?Originally Posted by Stephen
No, it will not matter.Will it matter that the Knoppix kernel has XFS support added? or can he just grab the kernel source from Debian and go with that?
There is a lot more about this in this forum. Just use Search (top left FAQ| Search| Profile...)
erm,
i tried to recompile my kernel yesterday...
I downloaded the srouce, then the acpi patch...
For once everything went fine till I done: make xconfig
After that I typed in some line that people said me, are the ones to re-install my new kernell but it doesn't work...
Could someone give me the line to type after the make xconfig one??
thxs
Ludo
Here's a page you may find useful it should give you all the information you need.Originally Posted by Coume

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00