-
Re: KnoppiXMAME iso image:hard to get

Originally Posted by
drfreak

Originally Posted by
lrf
It's a couple of days I am trying to download from official site but it turned out to be impossible to access.
Today I started browsing mirror sites and finally found KnoppiXMAME on a Swiss ftp but:
- size of file is 211MB
- after download gunzip step halts with a message of "unexpected end of file".
Do you have any suggestion or an alternative address where to pick it up?
TIA
Here is the location all new versions wind up in:
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators
or
http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators
You may not be downloading the official KnoppiXMAME. The release version is a standard .iso and not gzipped. There is also a .md5 file to check it with in the directory on ibiblio.
Thanks for the .gz extension warning.
These are the locations you mentioned in a previous message and they seem unreachable..[just tested again].
-
How to boot to fluxbox/gxmame?
I've been looking for where to change knoppix's default WM... how did you get it to boot to fluxbox as default?
I've been looking through all sorts of files for the answer, I'm assuming wherever you put it, the line looks something like
exec /usr/bin/fluxbox && gxmame
but where?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
KnoppixMame idea
How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?
Why do I ask?
http://stonent.pointclark.net
-
Probably the easiest way to have fluxbox be the default is to boot from floppy and change the syslinux.cfg and add the boot arg to use fluxbox to the default append statement. That should work.
Rixel
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: KnoppixMame idea

Originally Posted by
stonent
I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: KnoppixMame idea

Originally Posted by
stonent
I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.
-
Thank you drfreak for putting this together.
Anyone ever see this?
I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.
thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help
-

Originally Posted by
OmahaVike
Thank you drfreak for putting this together.
Anyone ever see this?
I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.
thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem...
Thanks!
-
Hello there
We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...
please help us in this regard ... thank u
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
urpk
Hello there
We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...
please help us in this regard ... thank u
Hi. I don't really have such a list. Minimizing the packages is a black art. heh. I can give you a rule of thumb on my method:
I put only the sources for sid, mplayer (marillat.free.fr) and the debian experimental packages in sources.list. I then did a full dist-upgrade, but chose "N" to all debconf questions asking to replace any config files. I then went into dselect and removed everything I could think of except of course X and anything which had "knoppix" in the name. Using dselect is helpful because it will warn you if a knoppix package might possibly get replaced by a debian package. It's been an incremental process deciding what to axe, but I'm down to about 150MB now since I removed XFree 4.3 and most internationalization stuff I could find.
Similar Threads
-
By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By Lotmr in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 04:30 AM
-
By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
-
By MonkeyMartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:53 AM
-
By thewalkingman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$795.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00