Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: which wireless network cards are automaticly recognized by K

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5

    which wireless network cards are automaticly recognized by K

    Which wireless network cards are automaticly recognized by Knoppix?

    What do you guys recommend? I am currently using a sitecom wl-011 in my laptop with no luck. I am sure i could install it if I install Knoppix on my harddisk but my primair OS is still Windows ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    24
    I use a linksys wmp11 pci, it works great, autodetects + dhcp works fine. I believe it is identical to the pcmcia version, just piggybacked on a pci card so the pcmcia card should work too. Its based on a Prism2 card so I would think any card with that chipset would work the same, but I can't say for sure.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.
    Really? I just picked up Orinoco Gold B/G card and I can't get it to work.

    Can anyone help me out here?

    thanks

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by JockVSJock
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Orinoco Gold. It has always worked flawlessly. One of the best supported linux wireless cards I am told.
    Really? I just picked up Orinoco Gold B/G card and I can't get it to work.

    Can anyone help me out here?

    thanks
    Mine is a B card only: the older one that allows you to attach an antenna. There is no support in Linux for G. From what I understand Broadcom, the chipmaker, won't support linux themselves or release the specs for linux hackers to write their own drivers. It's a real shame. Perhaps this B/G card uses the new chip with backward support for B. I suspect that would explain why you can't get anything out of it. The B only cards should work fine though.

Similar Threads

  1. Help for wireless pci cards.
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
  2. wireless cards
    By Philly_Blunt in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:22 PM
  3. Wireless Cards
    By applecran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 06:02 PM
  4. network cards problem
    By morenaso45 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:49 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99