Either that or you choose a pasword longer than 8 characters if this is the case then try the first 8 characters of the password and it should work. Also the special characters work fine in my passwords.Originally Posted by gill1109
Just installed Knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN. Beautiful, congratulations! (I already had experience with a previous version).
One problem - but same as last time - when I set up my passwords in knx-hdinstall I like to use some special characters. When I try to log in when the installation is complete, they are no longer recognised. I suspect that knx-hdinstall thinks I have a German keyboard, while the installed knoppix knows I have a US-English keyboard.
Either that or you choose a pasword longer than 8 characters if this is the case then try the first 8 characters of the password and it should work. Also the special characters work fine in my passwords.Originally Posted by gill1109
it was just eight characters!
I'm out of ideas on that one then if you can reproduce the error I would suggest making a bug report in the bugzilla.Originally Posted by gill1109
No tme for another knx-hdinstall right now, but mabe later, and then I'll try to reproduce the problem.Originally Posted by Stephen
can't you login at all?Originally Posted by gill1109
if you can get in just go to the settings and change the type of the keyboard... type your pw maybe it wil work maybe it won't...
just try
Well, what I did was to reboot with "knoppix single" (I use GRUB and one can easily modify the boot commands on the fly) so that I could simply re-enter passwords with "passwd" for knoppix and root. And these worked fine thereafter.Originally Posted by zoolander
But it remains a mystery. The first knoppix I tried was definitely a bit confused as to language (or I was confused, since one has to fix BOTH the keyboard AND the language KDE uses). I just have to try again sometime, making sure that Knoppix Live also knows what language AND what keyboard I have.

Rare Vintage Epson SD-800 Dual Floppy Combo Drive 3.5" & 5.25"
$199.00
Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002
$72.50
Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02
Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested
$69.77
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IBM KB-7993 Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard & IBM 12J3618 Mouse Retro PC
$45.00
Lot of 3 Vintage Quantum Bigfoot 2550AT 2.5GB 5.25" IDE HDD – MCI Engineer Coll.
$89.00
Vintage IOMEGA Parallel Port Zip100 w/Power Adapter *FAST SHIPPING*
$24.99
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included
$150.00
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00