Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: New Klaus Knopper Interview

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei
    he sure is one smart guy. but I wonder if there are other helping him. surely such a complete and 'polisshed' product like Knoppix is not the work of one single guy?!
    Perhaps he drinks lots of coffee and doesnt get out much...

    But I suspect that thier are a few poeple working on the project. At least on a "part time" basis.. (part time for a programmer is about 60 hours per week)

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1
    I'm sorry, but as much as I like knoppix and love the GPL and such, I can't say that he is right in never actually owning a Windows PC. It costs money but you can easily get XP and a PC cheaply. Hell I'd buy him a copy so he could play with it. If he can't get things to work how he likes then he doesn't know what to do, just like a person new to Linux wouldn't know what the heck to do. If he was able to spend more time with Windows, I'm not saying he'd like it, but he would definatly gain perspective on other operating systems.

    Swearing off something that's different is really close-minded, IMO.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    Allright, then, I swore winblows off, after using it for years. I've tried XP too, but that was just more and more irritations. There's almost no customization possible, and if you really want to change anything, you have to download (and pay for) hundreds of little programs, which slow down your system, and make it crash... silly silly silly it is...

    (I went linux cuz I can customize it, more than anything else. check, for example, my screenshot:
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/jos.poortvliet/knoppixdebian.jpg

    Could you EVER make winblows look lik that? well, i think IT IS possible... but then its even slower as it was, and crashes even more... thats why I love linux.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    what is the weather app you have running inthat?

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    It's Kweather+ from kde-look.org... actually you have to download and install superKaramba first, the support for things like this is not (yet?) kde-native

    (just what I was complaining 'bout m$... but they whould *never* give build-in support for something like this, kde might...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Klaus Knopper Interview
    By eadz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 01:00 AM
  2. Interview with Klaus Knopper in russian
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 01:08 AM
  3. New Klaus Knopper interview.
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2002, 01:49 AM
  4. A New Klaus Knopper Interview
    By aay in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 05:34 AM
  5. Interview with Klaus Knopper
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 02:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm P/N: SFP-10G-SR (10-2415-03) *NEW SEALED picture

Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm P/N: SFP-10G-SR (10-2415-03) *NEW SEALED

$25.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50