-
Need to run fsck manually during every reboot
I have recently installed Knoppix on my PC. While the initial installation was successful, I am finding that during every reboot, I see the following message:
/dev/hda3 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
[...]
At that point, I need to run fsck manually and then reboot.
Not sure why this is happening. Is there a way to workaround this issue?
Thanks,
-
i had this problem when i installed with knx-hdinstall
and when i tried knoppix-install i didn't get said problem. i don't know why it should make a difference, but it did.
even with the same disk.
-
solved
I had this problem with the latest version of Knoppix. (yes i used knx-hdinstall). It seems that the default checkroot.sh file assumes incorrect return codes from fsck/e2fsck. You need to change line 99 from:
if [ $? -gt 1 ]
to:
if [ $? -gt 3 ]
-
semi-related: how to fry your hd-installed knoppix system.
Hi.
This is hopefully not *totally* off-topic, but I ran into what looks like a problem.
I had this little toshiba laptop with knoppix 3.1 installed on the hard drive. It hung while powering down, so I hard powered it down.
This made the filesystem unhappy, and when I rebooted, the system ran fsck. Of course, my copy of knoppix 3.1 (a semi custom job I got from a friend of mine at a "large software company") runs xfs.
fsck -- *not* fsck.xfs -- "repaired" the hard drive. Now I have a Toshiba doorstop.
I know I'm running an older version, and I don't know if the regular knoppix distro is xfs, but I suspect that this is a problem worth shouting about.
Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By LRutker in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By nimuex in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:39 AM
-
By takamine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Batch Of 5 Cisco CVR-QSFP-SFP10G
$300.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99