Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [solved]hda: dma_intr: error=0x84...Difference between knx 3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31

    [solved]hda: dma_intr: error=0x84...Difference between knx 3

    Bonjour !

    I had a knoppix 3.1 installed since february, all was ok !...

    Filesystem was ext3

    2 weeks ago I've installed v3.2 (06/06) with reiserFs:

    since:the system alert me in telling that my hda dma is not enabled
    and I got lot of
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

    at boot and during the use ( in terminal and in dmesg )

    I believed it was caused by filesystem changing... So I tryed an install in ext3...
    The messages appears so...

    I tried the Kde version of Knoppix 3.1: no messages...

    I couldn't find some relative change in the changelog.

    I'd like to know if my hard drive is going to fail or if its a parameters problem...?

    nb:i've made a test from Western digital and It seems to be ok

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    I used to get that all the time when my drive was jumpered to 32gb instead of the full 40gb that it is, when I upgraded the motherboard and it supported the larger drive it went away do you have a similar situation?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    hi !

    well i think i've the latest bios for my Abit kt7 i could have, but i'll check if a new release is available...

    The hard disk is 40 Go and it is recognised at this.

    nb: I've a 120Go on ide2 (hdc) and not have message about this pbm...

    It's strange for me that knoppix v3.1 doesn't report this pbm

    Tks for your interest

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31

    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue76/tag/10.html

    Bonjour !

    I think I've finded a begining of soluce about my problem...

    I've found an interressent article ( http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue76/tag/10.html )

    My /dev/hda seems to have problem with dma:

    the difference between Knoppix 3.1 & Knoppix 3.2 is that the first has not enabled dma on my drive no problem is so reported

    I'll turn off my dma in order to wait testing if a cable is not responsible of this trouble

    Check if dma is enable on /dev/hda:
    Code:
    hdparm -d /dev/hda
    Disable dma:
    Code:
    hdparm -d0 /dev/hda
    Enable dma:
    Code:
    hdparm -d1 /dev/hda

Similar Threads

  1. What's the difference in window managers
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:12 AM
  2. What is the difference in various Live cd's?
    By maeztro in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 02:30 PM
  3. Difference in commands??
    By knopphead in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 01:08 AM
  4. what's the difference with sudo ???
    By ptesone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:01 PM
  5. dma_intr=0x10 LBAsect=... not found
    By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack ) picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )

$70.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU picture

Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU

$385.00