-
ALC 650 sound card,USB 2.0 etc.
1.linux kernel 2.4.20 should support ALC 650 sound card (RedHat 8.0.92 support),but knoppix V3.1(kernel 2.4.20) can not drive my ALC 650 sound card.
2.my USB version is 2.0,but knoppix V3.1 treat it USB 1.0,
I must manually use command 'modprobe ehci-hcd' to drive it
,why not add that in startup script?
3.I have only one CD-ROM drive.when I use knoppix,I cannot
play VCD,CD audio,etc.I cannot eject knoppix cd-rom.I hope next version of knoppix can eject knoppix cd-rom when using
knoppix .
-
Senior Member
registered user
Please post the results of "lspci -v"
so there is a chance of the usb thing being fixed
-
lspci -v
[ghai@Home ghai]$ /sbin/lspci -v
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset Host Bridge (rev 11)
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 32
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
Memory behind bridge: dde00000-dfefffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: cdc00000-ddcfffff
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #1) (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
I/O ports at e400 [size=32]
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #2) (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e800 [size=32]
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #3) (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
I/O ports at ec00 [size=32]
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB EHCI Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
Memory at dffffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB PCI Bridge (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=32
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801DB ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801DB IDE U100 (rev 01) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24c0
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
I/O ports at 01f0
I/O ports at 03f4
I/O ports at 0170
I/O ports at 0374
I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
Memory at 10000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB AC (rev 01)
Subsystem: Avance Logic Inc.: Unknown device 4720
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e000 [size=256]
I/O ports at dc00 [size=64]
Memory at dffffa00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at dffff900 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX440] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 248, IRQ 11
Memory at de000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at ddc80000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
Expansion ROM at dfee0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
[ghai@Home ghai]$
-
About CD ejection for playing movies, there's a special distro for that: Movix
Similar Threads
-
By rahoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 22
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By whishkah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Trikster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99