Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: XMMS huge delay before playing mp3

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    XMMS worked fine with alsa also and if you put the soundblaster in you should install sndconfig version .69 not the .70 I have read posts in Debian User that the .70 is broken you will most likley need it to set up the sound configuration.
    Stephen,

    .70 is what is currently in Knoppix isn't it? If so, I hope Klaus will himself do a backstep.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Stephen,

    .70 is what is currently in Knoppix isn't it? If so, I hope Klaus will himself do a backstep.
    I'm not sure I don't have knoppix on this computer and I checked the packages list it has a reference to sndconfig but I don't see it there.
    Code:
    ii  smpeg-xmms               0.3.5-2                  SDL MPEG Player Library - XMMS plugin
    ii  sndconfig-knoppix        0.57-7                   Easy soundcard configuration
    ii  sodipodi                 0.31-1                   Vector based drawing program
    ii  sound-recorder           0.06-6                   Direct-to-disk recording and play-back programs.
    ii  soundcardconfig-knoppix  0.5-2                    Starts sndconfig as root
    It was just in couple of posts on DU so it could be one of those it's broken now as in it can't be installed because of unmet dependencies that was not there when the ISO was made and it may in fact be installable now if things have moved through to allow that.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Monheim am Rhein, GER
    Posts
    1

    Konquerors Preview Option blockes Sounddeamon


    Hi , I hope this Questions is still alive

    I had the same Prob, now solved, so here's my result:

    XMMS is not the Problem, it's Konqueror an the Preview Option

    Disable the Preview Options in the Konqueror settings and XMMS will work fine !

    HTH

    Good Luck to u all :O)

    John

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1
    First post... I've had similar problems with XMMS player. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm new to Knoppix (first time with Linux was this week!) and was listening to mp3's on XMMS, worked fine. Then I was trying out some of the other players on the LiveCD (4.0.2) and when I went back, it quit working. It would just freeze up. I had to run ksysguard from Konsole to kill it.

    The way I fixed it:
    Open Control Center from the Knoppix menu
    Expand 'Sound & Multimedia', and select Sound System
    Place a check in Enable Sound System

    Now XMMS works. Not sure what caused it to disable, or what really happened, but it stopped it from locking up and now works fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. ssh login delay
    By dhaddox in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:19 PM
  2. HUGE THANKS!
    By jinzora in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 02:40 AM
  4. XMMS - problems playing web sound clips
    By Lando in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 10:37 PM
  5. APIC Delay on 2003.01.20 release
    By Pewe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



NEW - Cisco Catalyst C9300X-48HX-M Meraki 48x Multi-Gig Switch - UNCLAIMED picture

NEW - Cisco Catalyst C9300X-48HX-M Meraki 48x Multi-Gig Switch - UNCLAIMED

$8899.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89