And I found the software.
But for some reason it's only applying to gimp and gkrellm, and not xchat and gaim.![]()
Where does gtk get its color scheme from in knoppix?
Usually it's from ~/.gtkrc, but apparently it doesn't here, cuz I changed that and it didn't do anything.
Someone tell me where to put my themes so they'll be read?
Thanks,
sl
And I found the software.
But for some reason it's only applying to gimp and gkrellm, and not xchat and gaim.![]()
I finally found the answer so I'll post it for future answer-seekers.
The key is that the versions of xchat and gaim included with Knoppix 3.2 use gtk-2.0, not gtk-1.x. So you must get gtk-2.0 themes, and symlink them from their location, to ~/.gtkrc-2.0. They will then apply to any gtk-2.0 applications you run.
(To do it with gtk-1.x themes, you just install to /usr/share/themes or whatever, and symlink from their location to ~/.gtkrc.)
OR you can get gtk-theme-switch *2.0* and install from source or a .deb package since it doesn't appear to be in the apt-archives (at least, not without adding new sources to the default list).
How about posting the line for the sources.list in case people want to do that to save someone the time and effort to find said line maybe even the URL to the source package and the .deb file also.
I haven't messed with adding sources yet.
I just changed the theme by hand.
So I don't know who has it, I just saw it on freshmeat so I know it exists. *shrug* sorry.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Lot Of 5x Netgear 16 Port-POE+ Switches, SFP, 4x PSU. GS316EP (3), GS316EPP (2)
$249.99