Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Wine of Knoppix 3.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3

    Wine of Knoppix 3.2

    Is wine broken under 3.2? Upgraded from 3.1, applications that previously worked nolonger do. Wine exits with error code 1.

    Any thoughts or should I just wait for the 3.2 to nolnger be a beta

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    India (Gujarat)
    Posts
    5
    Try about the re-configure the wine.

    I think it may cause your problem to be solved out.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Since this is the general forum I believe you are using the live CD.
    I suggest that you make a persistent home to store your wine configuration. In this way you will not have to reconfig wine everytime you boot from the cd.
    Also I assume that you started wine in the menu. Please attempt to start wine in a console(command line). this way you will be able to see the reason for this error 1.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I bet it complains about font metrics or maybe a missing nt.dll. I have these problems with wine also... assuming its because its the first time wine has been run since I'm booted from the live CD.

    How to fix it??

    Copy fonts from a windows install into /home/knoppix/.wine/fake-windows/Windows/fonts

    I had this same problem. The app I wanted to run needed only the lucinda console font.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Thanks arkaine23 you nailed it. Installed some fonts from my Win98 font directory and all is running again.

Similar Threads

  1. Wine in Knoppix 3.6
    By agreatnate in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 05:24 AM
  2. Knoppix and Wine
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
  3. wine differeces and knoppix
    By tommi in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
  4. Wine and Knoppix
    By tommi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 02:02 PM
  5. wine use under knoppix
    By tommi in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99