Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I Install to HD from CD Version

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1

    How do I Install to HD from CD Version

    Hi

    I have just started running and like it very much, but a can't see any way to install to my Hd.

    I put in the CD and boot and the i get a screen that says BOOT if i hit Enter it runs from CD...


    And help would be great


    Terry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Try here for starters:

    http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html

    there are plenty of links to well written and generally splendid info on the docs section of this site.

    Have fun!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Once you get the CD fully booted type "knoppix-installer" as root. That should start the install script.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ozark Mts, USA
    Posts
    33

    HD install

    I'm sure the Debian HD install is cool. I prefer copying the CD files to a HD partition and creating a boot floppy.
    For me: floppy in = Knoppix, floppy out = Win98.
    I'm using Knoppix on my HD right now. I don't worry about anyone getting root on my system.

Similar Threads

  1. Updateing HDD install version?
    By ghetto_blaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:26 AM
  2. What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?
    By jbrush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 05:53 AM
  3. Poor Man's Install Not Working in version 7-26 version
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
  4. HD Install what Debian version?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
  5. hdd install = debian, what version ?
    By jymden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00