-
Monitor and Font Problems
I just changed monitors from an HP 19" to an Hitachi CM751 19". Now the fonts are unreadable!
Is there any way to specify the monitor and/or video card from within Knoppix? I have changed most of the screen fonts to Bookman (from the default Helvetica) to make them semi-readable, but why the differences just because I changed monitors?
I am adding screen=1280x1024 at the boot prompt, just as I did previously.
Thanks!
-
This may be due to a difference in how the other monitor deals with the refresh rate. Check your monitor specifications for the max refresh at that screen size and use xvfresh=##
This may fix your problem.
-
Thanks for the info. I tried xvrefresh=75, which is the refresh rate I use in Win 2000 at 1280x1024 resolution, but the fonts were still garbled. The fonts were fine with xvrefresh=60, but the screen flicker was awful!
If I simply press enter at _boot, Knoppix will go into 1024x768 mode and the fonts and refresh rate are fine, but everything is too big for my taste.
I am wondering if there is a way to specify my particular monitor at startup, or to change the monitor and resolution from within KDE?
BTW, Knoppix correctly detects my Matrox G550 video card and uses the mga driver.
Similar Threads
-
By Schwindelinside in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By mrclark1971 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:27 PM
-
By wine in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By Daedaleus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
-
By the_isz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00