When using dselect, I accidentally removed the x display manager and kde desktop, and I am left with a console login after reboot. What are the packages necessary to recover the nice display manager and desktop? How can I recover them?
Thanks!
When using dselect, I accidentally removed the x display manager and kde desktop, and I am left with a console login after reboot. What are the packages necessary to recover the nice display manager and desktop? How can I recover them?
Thanks!
Have you tried apt-get install kde?
apt-get install xserver-common xserver-xfree86 kdm kdebase kdelibs4 should get you most of what you need, you may have to dpkg-reconfigure kdm to set it to start on default. You may also need to install some fonts for the xserver if it removed them but it will give you an error telling you what to install when you startx.
Did and "apt-get dist-upgrade" and negelected to read the warning messages. Wound up loosing KDE, KDM, gcompris, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Was going to just save everybodies settings to my archive partition and reinstall Knoppix, nVidia drivers, qcam drivers, mplayer, etc. If I can just recover it, that would work to.
Looks like I was able to get most everything back fairly readily with "apt-get -t unstable install kde" and regrabbing lost software as I find it.Originally Posted by joekm
Only remaining problem is that my autofs seems to be borked.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE
$609.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00