Does any Mozilla user know why they don't implement this feature ? It is almost a must for downloading things like KNOPPIX and should not be too difficult to implement as both HTTP and FTP support this(if the server choose to).
Does any Mozilla user know why they don't implement this feature ? It is almost a must for downloading things like KNOPPIX and should not be too difficult to implement as both HTTP and FTP support this(if the server choose to).
Maybe try out prozilla. It supports resume and can establish multiple server connections- it will greatly speed up your downloading.
apt-get install prozilla
apt-get install prozgui
prozgui
thanks for the info. Seems like a nice program. The reason I asked about Mozilla is that it is easier to just click while browsing. I use wget for now but it is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste the long urls from browser to shell![]()
You can also use prozilla like this:
proz ftp://whateverurl.org
Just right click the link you want, select "Copy link location" and middle click to paste. I really dunno why Mozilla does what it does- I like the faster download times of a download manager. On my cable connection I usually get 300kbps as an average dl speed. I have prozilla set to connect to 8 servers at a time. It dl's from all of them then assembles the pieces to form a complete file. Certainly nothing wrong with wget tho.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99