Hi all.
Can someone tell me if it's possible/feasible to get TV-out working with knoppix and a PCI S3-virge/DX video card?
i did notice there is a "xmodule=s3" cheat-code, but the last time I tried anything with an S3 card I had a really hard time getting it to work well (resolution & color depth were really low, X crashes, etc).
This is a HD-less install of knoppix.
I know how to setup the XF86Config-4 file (or at least can figure it out), but I'd just like to know if it's even worth trying this with an S3 card (i used a Geforce last time).
Anybody got any experience with one of these?
800x600 w/16 bit color is fine.
thanks,
john

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital CompacTape II Tape Cartridge TK-52 TK-70
$29.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00