Very nice. I have added your remaster to the Customizations page. Anyone can edit this page (just hit edit at the bottom), so if you want to change/update things feel free.
It is what started out as Model-K at 35MB and I updated it along with adding a large amount of security related tools (tethereal, ettercap, hping2, snort, aide, etc.) It also has apache now weighing in at a slight 91MB. There is the dpkg -l output on the site to show most of the packages. Of course there is no X servers etc. I am shooting for the 185MB mark to fit on a MiniCD. So I have been testing a version with FluxBox and one with XFCE (far from ready for primetime). You can download what I have now on the site.
By this weekend I will be posting three more versions all free of fat and X.
-49MB Penetration Testing / Forensic
-49MB Firewall / IDS
-?MB Server version (which will be an updated Model-K with apache, mySQL, PHP4, Shorewall, Snort, Postfix, etc.) It will be small and a good base to remaster from.
http://localareasecurity.com
-J-
![]()
Very nice. I have added your remaster to the Customizations page. Anyone can edit this page (just hit edit at the bottom), so if you want to change/update things feel free.
Now have L.A.S. SECSERV available for download. It weighs in at 54MB and is a complete server: apache, sshd, mySQL, snort-mySQL, shorewall, ftpd, and more! apache defaults to /mnt/floppy/www in httpd.conf
Also was sure to add mkisofs and cdrecord for remastering. . .
http://localareasecurity.com for a complete dpkg -l
-J-
I will have 0.4a ready by tomorrow evening. Added fluxbox and a slew of more tools. Still only 104MB as of now!![]()
Have been compiling software as fast as I can still plenty of room to spare. Of course you won't see kDE, OpenOffice, or The Gimp either. . .
-J-

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99