I am the ULTIMATE NOOB when it comes to apt-get.

I am trying to install anjuta. I do
su
apt-get install anjuta

and it gives me this
Code:
anjuta: Depends: libart2 (>= 1.2.13-5) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgconf11 (>= 1.0.7) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libglade-gnome0 but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libglade0 but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnome-vfs0 (>= 1.0.5) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnome32 (>= 1.2.13-5) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnomeprint15 (>= 0.29-1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnomesupport0 (>= 1.2.13-5) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libgnomeui32 (>= 1.4.2-3) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: liboaf0 (>= 0.6.10) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: liborbit0 (>= 0.5.17) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libxml1 (>= 1:1.8.14-3) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: libzvt2 (>= 1.4.1.3-3) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: oaf (>= 0.6.10) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
I did apt-get update but again the same problem.

I tried to apt-get install libgnomeui.so.32 (one of the libs required) and it says that it couldnt find the package.

Am i doing something wrong or do i need to point apt-get to other repositories as well?

edit:
I get alot of dependency messages with all kinds of programs such as:
apt-get install netselect
apt-get install netbeans
apt-get install j2sdk1.3


Any way to resolve all these dependencies with apt-get?