Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Programs will not run

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17

    Programs will not run

    I installed Knoppix 3.2 to my hard drive about two weeks ago and everything has been working fine up until yesterday. Some of the programs will not run now, for example kate and kwrite. When I try to start them all I get is the spinning hourglass in the tray then it just goes away with no message. Thanks for any help.

    Darryl

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17
    I think I found the problem. After I started Knoppix I launched Kate and it worked. Then I closed it and tried to start it again and it didn't work but I got the message "kdeInit could not launch Kate". I could not start any other programs, so I rebooted. I had loaded the "Runaway Process Catcher" into the panel a few days ago so I removed it and everything now works. I closed and reopened several programs with no problem. Could the Runaway Process Catcher have been causing this?

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. where do i get wiz or other programs i can run exe with
    By sonicdragon14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. Programs that just die
    By el_santo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:04 PM
  3. Installing Programs Help
    By Fuel in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:32 PM
  4. Knoppix Programs
    By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM
  5. Installing Programs Help.
    By Prons in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$594.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



4x Various Brands 8.5

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"

$24.99



Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art picture

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art

$225.00



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Wenger Mainframe 16 Laptop Briefcase Checkpoint Friendly SwissGear picture

Wenger Mainframe 16 Laptop Briefcase Checkpoint Friendly SwissGear

$24.99



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage ASUS  SPAX-M w/ Socket 7 AMD-K6-2 64MB SDRAM picture

Vintage ASUS SPAX-M w/ Socket 7 AMD-K6-2 64MB SDRAM

$79.96