Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53

    Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

    When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

    Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

    Unamiccia

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

    -You mean opening up Konsole or Terminal in X, or Ctrl-Alt-F2? If the latter, you can go into /etc/lilo.conf and change the ' vga=' value. I use ' vga=ext ' for 80x50, but you can set it to ' normal ' for 80x25. Don't forget to run ' lilo ' before rebooting.

    Quote Originally Posted by unamiccia
    When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

    Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

    Unamiccia

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    53
    Yes, I was interested in the "Ctrl-Alt-2" variety, and your advice solved the problem perfectly. Thanks, Dave!

    Unamiccia

Similar Threads

  1. How to set screen resolution?
    By Islington in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
  2. Changing screen resolution in Knoppix
    By Hylle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 04:51 PM
  3. Screen resolution
    By Buck1 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 01:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM
  5. Screen resolution
    By sanjay in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes picture

Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes

$199.99



Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON picture

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON

$119.89



Dell Dimension L1000r Pentium III 1GHz 512MB NO/HDD Vintage Computer Retro PC picture

Dell Dimension L1000r Pentium III 1GHz 512MB NO/HDD Vintage Computer Retro PC

$149.97



RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE picture

RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE

$199.95



Vintage 1984 Seattle Silicon Technology Inc. Valid Concorde ASIC User’s Manual picture

Vintage 1984 Seattle Silicon Technology Inc. Valid Concorde ASIC User’s Manual

$299.00



Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE picture

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE

$399.00



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



Vintage Software - Apple Macintosh System 7 & Laser Writer Floppy Disks Classic  picture

Vintage Software - Apple Macintosh System 7 & Laser Writer Floppy Disks Classic

$99.00



Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case picture

Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case

$99.99



Vintage ECS AL486 Baby AT Motherboard Socket 3 Intel i486 + Front Bezel picture

Vintage ECS AL486 Baby AT Motherboard Socket 3 Intel i486 + Front Bezel

$175.00