Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 6 partitions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brittany
    Posts
    1

    6 partitions

    After reading the "Home Partition How To", I created 6 partitions:

    hdf1: 50M
    hdf5: 1G
    hdf6: 256M
    hdf7: 1G
    hdf8: 5G
    hdf9: 3G

    Then I installed "Knoppix" in hdf6 and hdf8.

    Afterwards I made this:

    /dev/hdf1 /boot
    /dev/hdf5 empty
    /dev/hdf6 /swap
    /dev/hdf7 /var
    /dev/hdf8 /
    /dev/hdf9 /home

    ... and modified "fstab". It worked.

    Now I'd like to have this:

    /dev/hdf5 /
    /dev/hdf8 /usr

    I tried... I made 'mv usr/*. ' in /mnt/hdf8. But I had big problems after rebooting with the floppy disk.

    Maybe the procedure is not really good.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    If I'm not mistaken the knoppix-install only installs to a boot, swap, and main drive (/). Perhaps this is why it didn't work correctly. Besides, you really don't need a separate /var directory for basic desktop usage.

Similar Threads

  1. Partitions and such. Need help.
    By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
  2. partitions
    By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
  3. HD partitions....
    By javiergp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. How can I tell how big my partitions are
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
  5. partitions???
    By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage UNIVAC ACORN Circuit Board 8121457-00 ASM 8121458 Computer Mainframe picture

Vintage UNIVAC ACORN Circuit Board 8121457-00 ASM 8121458 Computer Mainframe

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00