Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: nvidea kernel patch

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37

    nvidea kernel patch

    Hello all,

    I'm slowly getting everything up to par on my machine. One quick question though, I have a nvidea based card and noticed that when i was looking for the kernel-sources deb package that there is a nvidea-kernel patch that I can add to my kernel. Is this a recommended process to get the most out of my video card?

    As always, Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55

    Nvidia drivers

    I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia's site and followed their directions. Works great.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    Hmmm, not sure bout that one, but I also have Nvidia gfx (GF4Ti4200). I downloaded and installed the driver from www.Nvidia.com and after searching this forum for instructions had it up and running with full hardware acceleration in minutes.

    Will check out the kernel patch, didn't know bout that

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hmmm, not sure bout that one, but I also have Nvidia gfx (GF4Ti4200). I downloaded and installed the driver from www.Nvidia.com and after searching this forum for instructions had it up and running with full hardware acceleration in minutes.

    Will check out the kernel patch, didn't know bout that
    I downloaded the nvidia script as directed ( NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run), they didn't appear to have the source availible. But when run it doesn't really accomplish anything other than producing errors. It seems that it cannot find the kernel sources I installed (2.4.21). Simply using the patch from the debian tree doesn't seem to work. I feel like I'm missing something totally obvious here.... I hate that feeling
    Should I perhaps move the source from /usr/src/linux-source-2.4.21 to /usr/src/linux?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --You need to post the *specific* error messages that the nvidia script is giving you. Outside of that you can try ' cd /usr/src; ln linux-2.4.21 linux -sfn ' to just create a symlink.

    Quote Originally Posted by ferreter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hmmm, not sure bout that one, but I also have Nvidia gfx (GF4Ti4200). I downloaded and installed the driver from www.Nvidia.com and after searching this forum for instructions had it up and running with full hardware acceleration in minutes.

    Will check out the kernel patch, didn't know bout that
    I downloaded the nvidia script as directed ( NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run), they didn't appear to have the source availible. But when run it doesn't really accomplish anything other than producing errors. It seems that it cannot find the kernel sources I installed (2.4.21). Simply using the patch from the debian tree doesn't seem to work. I feel like I'm missing something totally obvious here.... I hate that feeling
    Should I perhaps move the source from /usr/src/linux-source-2.4.21 to /usr/src/linux?

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    Just remembered a post that helped me...

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2037#9699

    Good luck

Similar Threads

  1. cloop kernel patch
    By Albert in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
  2. how can I apply a kernel patch ?
    By mazaal in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
  3. How do u patch a kernel?
    By Smoke187 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
  4. Would someone please patch the knoppix kernel with i2c?
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM
  5. Knoppix-kernel.patch
    By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$135.65