-
Messed up windows, need Knoppix to recover.
Yeah I know this has been asked a million times, but I just don't understand it. I am a Windows guy. These kernel's and root's and mounting and unmounting confuses the hell out of me.
Long story short, I made a typo in my boot.ini file and I Window's won't start. I have the backup boot.ini file (named boot.txt right now). I need to remove the boot.ini file and rename boot.txt to boot.ini. I know there is a filesystem conflict (I am using XP), and I've read of people getting around it.
I am not worried about ruining the filesystem, because this is a last resort. Recover didn't work for me because I do not know the Admin password. (I didn't create it, and it's not blank. I tried every password i have ever used, didn't work) So if I skrew up the filesystem, I will reformat. If no one helps me with this, I will reformat. My chance of winning is slim.
Similar Threads
-
By audax.a in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
-
By rossndahood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By richpodraza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-02-2005, 04:37 AM
-
By raven in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rare Vintage Epson SD-800 Dual Floppy Combo Drive 3.5" & 5.25"
$199.00

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02

Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002
$72.50

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included
$150.00

eMachines Mechanical keyboard KB-2971 vintage white UNTESTED parts repairs
$31.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Lot of 3 Vintage Quantum Bigfoot 2550AT 2.5GB 5.25" IDE HDD – MCI Engineer Coll.
$89.00

Wood Frame CD Player for Wall or Desk, Medium size Vintage photo frame
$239.99

Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested
$69.77

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00