Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Network problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48

    Network problems

    Hi guys,

    I know taht this topic has appeared here a couple of times. I have checked the Forum but didn't find the answer.
    I have some problems with accessing the Internet from my KNOPPIX CD.
    1. I have checked ifconfig and found that my IP was 127.0.0.1 but the network card looked to me to be not installed.
    2. I have changed the network adapter (another PCMCIA card) and KNOPPIX got it. However Internet still doesn't work.
    If I run netcardconfig it asks me whether I want to use DHCP I have answered YES. After that KNOPPIX freezes. The only thing I can do is to restart the computer (laptop HP ZE4125) and run it again.
    My network configuration is as follows:
    Internet access from COX (cable modem) connected to a router and then my laptop to one of the router ports.
    I have tried almost everything. I have connected my laptop directly to the exit of the cable modem, but still nothing!
    I have checked different network cards and the one that is recognized by KNOPPIX is the 3COM Megahertz 10/100 PCMCIA.

    Please anybody here who could spend a while on guiding me through this?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    I'm new here and have tried K only once at the company (waiting for a RAM module for my laptop in order to run it at home), but...

    Internet access from COX (cable modem) connected to a router and then my laptop to one of the router ports.
    Are you sure you have DHCP ?
    I had such a config option once while being in a LAN, where the server/router served DHCP...

    As you say, if you choose DHCP and it freezes, try it without.

    Greetings,
    Hannes.

Similar Threads

  1. Network Problems
    By charon in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
  2. Network Card Problems - Help!!
    By carpie in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 02:04 AM
  3. New Network-Problems
    By RonOhm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 08:05 PM
  4. Network problems
    By Juny in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:49 PM
  5. Network Problems
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W picture

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W

$200.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working picture

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99