Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Playign MP3s from another Partition

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    i still cant even get sound outta my knoppix box, consider yourself lucky!!

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23
    Stephen wrote: [quote]what does 'cat /proc/mounts' give ?[quote]It says "rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
    /dev/root.old /initrd ext2 rw 0 0
    /dev/hda2 / ext3 rw 0 0
    none /proc proc rw 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0"
    I used Partitionmagic to formate the HD. I am using Windoze 98se OS

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23
    Just made a a discovery. I moved all my MP3s to hda1 and opened the partition and then th folder"My Music". Gues what the files played. Now all I have to do is point to them and see if I can load all of the ffiles I know I can't mkdir My Music so will rename folder and and make a mountpoint to hda1. "mount /dev/hda1 /music. What do you think

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    [quote="Cronos55"]Stephen wrote: [quote]what does 'cat /proc/mounts' give ?
    It says "rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
    /dev/root.old /initrd ext2 rw 0 0
    /dev/hda2 / ext3 rw 0 0
    none /proc proc rw 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0"
    I used Partitionmagic to formate the HD. I am using Windoze 98se OS
    I don't think you have the partition where your MP3 is stored mounted based on this. you only have /dev/hda2 mounted as 'root' where linux is stored. That is why you can see the content, unlike window, you have to mount the drive/partition before you can see it under linux(including floppy). This is quite confusing for users window.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    You guys may be attacking this from the wrong direction. If fdisk can't see the disk then there's no point trying to mount anything on it.

    However: Did you actually enter ' fdisk -l /dev/hdb ' or something different?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos55
    Thanks for your tips on what I can try. I will get to what you said to direct my mountpoint, as for the fdisk post:

    Disk /dev/hdb5: 1087 MB, 1087898112 bytes
    64 heads, 63 sectors/track, 526 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 4032 * 512 = 2064384 bytes

    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/hdb5p1 ? 1 1 0 0 Empty
    Partition 1 has different physical/logical beginnings (non-Linux?):
    phys=(0, 0, 0) logical=(0, 0, 1)
    Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings:
    phys=(0, 0, 0) logical=(1065220, 4, 4)
    Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.

    This is what it shows. Any thoughts?

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23
    Hey everyone, after farther investigatiton I realized we wer attacking the problem wrong. I stopped and looked at it as a windoze problem and was able to fix it/ I said much props to all who kicked the cobwebs out of my head to think this out. I moved all of the MP3s in hdb5 to hda1 in windoze then lanched konppix and was able to open hba1 and see all the files in a folder I moved them to. It was a matter of making a directory music the just copy all files to /home/music directory and ahla I had music in my xxms. thank guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How to rip MP3s from CDs
    By lewisdw in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
  2. Partition
    By Quite in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 01:36 AM
  3. Partition Help
    By Quite in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:40 PM
  4. How can I use other FAT partition?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 07:09 AM
  5. need Help burn ing MP3s
    By 5t1nkbu77 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350 picture

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350

$325.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99