-
HDD install--two different results on same computer
First the specs:
Dell Inspiron 1100
Intel i845g video (i810)
Intel integrated sound (i810_audio)
256MB RAM
20GB HD
15 XGA
Broadcom 440x 10/100 NIC
Knoppix 3.2 2003-07-26
---
Knoppix does just fine identifying my hardware. Knoppix from the live cd gives me 1024x768 at 24bit color depth, sound, and network access.
I've had quite a few difficulties in getting Debian installed on this laptop, so I thought I'd give Knoppix a shot. The first time I installed it to hard drive it did wonderfully. It did so well, in fact, that I decided to reformat my hard-drive and use Knoppix as my main base installation.
All installations after the first fail to give me sound, and my X session is at 640x480 at either 16bit or 24 bit color depth. I've run knx-hdinstall a couple times now feeding trying different cheat codes at boot to see if it affected the installation, but without any luck. The only obvious difference between the first installation and the latter ones is that with the first installation I was on a working network, and successfully used DHCP broadcast. The latter installations were at home away from the network. And I reconfigured the partitions on the hard drive, too, but I can't see where that would cause a difference in how knoppix installs.
Is there some quirck with DHCP and the install when off of the network?
Also, I just found that knoppix-installer is the current method of installation... any chance that this would address these issues?
Thanks,
Ephrem
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By vulkan abriyanto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By edpi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM
-
By xenocypraz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99