-
Lucent V90
I have a Lucent V90 modem, and found a driver for it on the net. The site said to do a , but it said that it couldnt write to /sbin, so I read around the forum and it said that I needed to change the makefile so it pointed somwhere writable, so I did, and now the error has something to do with getcwd. I have Knoppix 3.1, the machine is a pentium 3 450, compaq. I'll post the exact wording later...
Thanx
Scott McNeely
-
Lucent modems are common (infact I have one) and you should not have to install a driver for them. If your modem is PCI try this first.
Type this into a root shell:
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
This will set up your default modem to run on ttyS4. For Win/DOS users ttyS4 is com5. This is an unusual com that is sometimes used by PCI modems.
I can't help you with installing drivers because I have never had to do that. Knoppix has so much already included that it is just a matter of knowing how to use it. Hope that helps
-
Thanx for the info, I did it and there where no errors, but how do i get KPPP to look to ttyS4 for my modem? i know the modem is on ttyS0, its com1 in windows, but it only gets so far as to initialize the modem, it just sits there, a check of the phone line finds the dialtone, and the modem makes no dialy like noises, am i just not waiting long enuff?
Thanx
Scott McNeely
-
And what about intel 536ep modem? can i make it work somehow?
Similar Threads
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
-
By knoppix_br in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:50 PM
-
By Bluethunder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On
$25.00

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick
$38.88

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read
$329.95

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30