Try running quake and then starting Xmms from a terminal. Any interesting error messages?
Alternatively, there is an Alsa list, and the developers may have some ideas.
After doign and hd install, tinkering tweaking everything installing gnome, downloading the kernel source, recompiling it, and all this tweaking i got a problem. Whenever I have 2 applications that need sound, it never works, one application freesez. My main problem is quake 3 and using Xmms at the same time. my sound card is a c-meida 8738 onboard sound card from a chain tech7njs ultra mobo. I read about full duplex, and I know it supports it, because i can do the same in other linux distro's suse/redhat, and of course winblows. After searching around here i read that i should reinstall and use knoppix alsa to boot from with the boot cd, and do a knx-hdinstall alsa, alsa configured everythign correctly, but the same problem still exists. I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking it could be the xfs kernel, because in other distro's everythign works fine I can play quake 3, while listenign to mp3's in xmms, and same in windows except with winamp. so can anyone please help me!
Try running quake and then starting Xmms from a terminal. Any interesting error messages?
Alternatively, there is an Alsa list, and the developers may have some ideas.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00