-
chroot problem
OK I am trying to make my own knoppix CD, I followed the wiki tutorial for how to remaster it to the letter, but first of all when I copy the source from the CD, it gives me all these errors about symbolic links and stuff, I jsut ignore them because Stuff gets copied anyways.
When I go to chroot the knoppix source directory, It gives me an error
"chroot:/bin/bash: No such file or directory"
I have checked and both in my knoppix source directory and my knoppix directory bash exists so I am quite confused.
Any help would be appreciated
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: chroot problem

Originally Posted by
Gandalf_Grey_
When I go to chroot the knoppix source directory, It gives me an error
"chroot:/bin/bash: No such file or directory"
I have checked and both in my knoppix source directory and my knoppix directory bash exists so I am quite confused.
Any help would be appreciated
I think maybe you left out one of the command-line switches. I've done it too. You should get an error "does not comply with iso9660" or something, then you know it is working right
-
command line switches
What do you mean with command line switches?
-
Re: command line switches

Originally Posted by
kevinonknoppix
What do you mean with command line switches?
A command line switch (also known as a flag switch) is an extra modifier to be given to the command you are running.
Example: mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /cdrive -o ro
Okay, in the example I used two switches, -t and -o. In this case -t means 'filesystem Type' and it's followed by the filesystem I am mounting. The '-o' stands for option and I am requesting that the filesystem be mounted 'read only'.
try using the man pages to learn more about a given command.
example: man mount (to get the manual pages for mount).
Good luck!
-
Junior Member
registered user
missing files?
After making the mistake myself, I learned that /bin/bash must exsist in the directory you're chrooting into. It doesn't matter if it exsists in your regular directory. So, check to make sure /bin/bash is present in the directory your chrooting into......
-
Re: chroot problem

Originally Posted by
Gandalf_Grey_
...but first of all when I copy the source from the CD, it gives me all these errors about symbolic links and stuf...,
Did you use cp -pR to copy the KNOPPIX source?
Similar Threads
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:53 AM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
-
By mmaki in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99