Does myth tv work from the cd? That is what I am hoping to build. If it does can you give precise installation instructions?
Thanks
Hello Everyone,
KnoppMyth is my remaster of Knoppix to include MythTV. It is my hope that with KnoppMyth, the install of MythTV with be a trivial one. This release is based on Knoppix 07-26-2003 and MythTV 0.11. I've updated all the packages on Knoppix and am using Matt's .debs for unstable. MythGame and MythVideo are installed from source. The ISO is 293 megs and can be found here:
ftp://ftp.rdt1.org/From/KnoppMyth/
The MD5SUM is
6221310d654a585b3084f615d01b046b
The instructions are in the knoppmyth.txt.1 file. Feedback is much appreciated.
MUCH thanks to Linus, Klaus, Isaac and all developers that make Open Source a community.
Cecil
Now available on another mirror!
http://hust.la/KnoppMyth/
Does myth tv work from the cd? That is what I am hoping to build. If it does can you give precise installation instructions?
Thanks
Hello,
No, it doesn't work from the CD. It wouldn't be practical to run a PVR from a CD. The next release, I may have the frontend running from the CD. I have precise instruction for doing an HD install.
Regards,
Cecil
Actually it would be pretty neat to be able to run it from the cd and simply record onto a hard drive.Originally Posted by cesman
If you'd like to help figure out how to do this, I'd appreciate the help!
Hey, thanks for making the install CD. I was excited to find mythTV, but put off by the complexity of the install.
So I'm trying to install off the knoppmyth CD R3. I've partitioned the disk according to the instructions and the menu never has more than the 2 options partition & quit. I tried looking through the installer script to see what it looks for.
The instructions say to make / 2GB. The script (in comments) says it's looking for > 2.2GB. I made it 2.5GB and it still won't give me the option to go ahead with the install.
Any ideas of what my problem could be?
Thanks!
I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I copied the knoppix-installer script to /ramdisk and made the check_partition_ok function return 1. Ran the modified script & then it installed OK.
Next problem: I have a WinTV PVR 250, which this doesn't support. You need the ivtv driver, not the bttv driver.
I'm having some problems figuring out how to work with Knoppix (used to RedHat). The instructions I've found for compiling the driver & possibly rebuilding the kernel are for specific distro's & I haven't figured out how to adapt them to build the ivtv driver on KnoppMyth. Any help would be appreciated.
Is Knoppix "close" to any particular distro?
Chris
You should be able to compile the ivtv drivers without any problems. I've done this, but haven't gotten the drivers to see the card. cat /proc/pci shows the card is there, so I just need to play with it more... I suggest you take a look at the excellent docs on debian.org.
Cecil
I found the iso a bit hard to get so I set up a bit torrent. The tracker is at http://www.wardnet.ca/tracker
If you already have the iso downloaded and you want to help seed, it would be much appreciated.
If there is a better place to announce this torrent let me know and I'll move it.
Thanks and keep up the great work cesman.![]()
Has anyone tried putting a mythtv frontend onto a flashcard? I am looking to build a mini-itx based machine like this
The Cube
with no hard drive, a slimline dvd, and a tv-tuner card. I was thinking of something along the lines of the Rio reciever, where it boots to the flash card, mounts whatever is needed from an NFS share and then is a GUI frontend for files on a server. I see the knopmyth project humming along, and then I see the flonix project Flonix which is booting a flashcard. Has anyone tried to bring the two together?
[/b]

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99