-
I think I can answer this for you, but please confrim with research
or if other here more experience would like to confrim please do
Quote:
*1.IP address (ok)
*2.Default Gateway (ok)
*3.Network Mask (In windows I can only find subset mask is this the same thing)
Netmask would be the same as your subsetmask from windows, normally something
like 255.255.255.0
*4.Name Server (In Windows I have dns server is this the same thing)
Yes DNS is the name server normally you just need the 1st DNS but you can also
put in the second DNS's IP as a backup
*5.Broadcast Address ( I don't know what this is or where to find it)
Broadcast is the actual network IP. ie. if your ip address is 192.168.1.100
your broadcast or network is 192.168.1.0
These are the settings I have on my windows connection.
ip address
default gateway
subsetmask
dns servers (X3)
dhcp server
mac address
any help much appreciated from an absolute beginner, thanks.
Hope that helps at least a little.
Tonka
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By koselan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By drakon34 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By arthag in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00

Creative Labs CT1750 Sound Blaster 16 MCD ISA Sound Card Vintage
$79.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00