Hi Prototask!
I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?
Bye, Matthias
I am new to Knoppix, and I think Knoppix is great, I have been able to move the CD to my hard drive and using KPH 0.4 I can boot from a floppy and run Knoppix. Now I would like to use Samba to access my windows shares but when I use the following command,
"mkdir tmp/share; sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //otherbox/share /tmp/share"
to mount my shares I get the message "unable to resolve mount point /tmp/share".
What am I doing wrong? Please help.![]()
Hi Prototask!
I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?
Bye, Matthias
Thanks Schwarze, the obvious can make you look really stupid.Originally Posted by Schwarze

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99