Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: FireBird Browser

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10

    FireBird Browser

    Hi, when I start knoppix, I always need to download the FireBird Mozilla Browser, what can I do to always that I start Knoppix not need to download again? and how can I save the styles configuration of FluxBox?


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    Why do you want to download firebird, normal mozilla is included, and Konqueror is even faster than firebird...

    but I think it is possible to save the .deb somewhere on your h-disk so at least you dont have to download it...

    and when you save your configuration, isnt the fluxbox config saved too?

    grtz

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, you said that Knoppix included mozilla, and Konqueror, the question is where can I access both? where are both? because in the main menu doesnt appears. Thanks A lot.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerardoj
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, you said that Knoppix included mozilla, and Konqueror, the question is where can I access both? where are both? because in the main menu doesnt appears. Thanks A lot.
    They are on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen Mozilla is the reptile icon and the earth or globe icon is Konqueror.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Some remasters have included mozilla-firebird. Mine has it, though my kmenu is just a tad fubarred and I haven't been able to fix it. But if you're using fluxbox, the flux-menu is fine. I threw in the java and mplayer plugins for firebird also. Oh yeah, guess that means my remaster has mplayer also.....

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    and konqueror DO appear in the main menu, under KDE under internet: Konqueror webbrowser and Mozilla Navigator;
    If I recall right, they should be under fluxbox, under net or something like that, but I dont know where exactly.

Similar Threads

  1. Browser problem
    By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
  2. Browser Plugins
    By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 04:29 PM
  3. digging bookmarks out of mozilla-firebird
    By jpmierau in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:40 PM
  4. Running Firebird
    By Bjarne.Olsen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 12:39 PM
  5. Links browser still in german
    By adamm in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00