-
syslinux.cfg and userdef
I used knoppix-customize (the windows version
) and besides changing the default language I changed the parameters of the diferent labels so it scans for the home and the saved configuration on boot time. I also changed the tail of the file to look like this.
LABEL noscan
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
KERNEL vmlinuz
APPEND ################################################## ################################################## ##################
to load the default configuration (without scaning) but when at boot time I enter the parameter noscan it fails and says kernel panic and other stuff, what can be happening?. Is the label userdef mandatory to de end?. I woud appreciate some help.
phx
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: syslinux.cfg and userdef
--Here's what my syslinux.cfg file looks like, but don't try to copy it directly, it's for hdinstall:
Code:
default knoppix
#prompt 1
#timeout 50
label knoppix
kernel krnl2422
append root=/dev/hde3 ro vga=ext apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce idebus=66
--Please note, my kernel's actual filename is "krnl2422" in order to fit into DOS 8.3 filename limits.
--I think maybe you could put the "kernel" line 1st after the "label" line and ditch the append that has all the #'s in it, but me == no expert on syslinux.

Originally Posted by
phx
I used knoppix-customize (the windows version

) and besides changing the default language I changed the parameters of the diferent labels so it scans for the home and the saved configuration on boot time. I also changed the tail of the file to look like this.
LABEL noscan
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=es apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
KERNEL vmlinuz
APPEND ################################################## ################################################## ##################
to load the default configuration (without scaning) but when at boot time I enter the parameter noscan it fails and says kernel panic and other stuff, what can be happening?. Is the label userdef mandatory to de end?. I woud appreciate some help.
phx

Similar Threads
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
-
By RoadKill in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
-
By MediaSonic in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 10:43 PM
-
By ducman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:49 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99