Have you tried booting from it? I don't use nero but there is a good howto here http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/neroburning.html
Ok...yes im new...but ive gone through everything that is in the FAQ and what not. Ive gone through like 8 CD-R's now. I have re-downloaded the KNOPPIX ISO today and finally figured out how to verify the md5..and it verified...so i opened Nero up, clicked burn image, selected teh proper file, and put a CD in the drive...it bruned. But when it was all done...i went to my file exploer to look at the contents of the CD and there was NOTHING there....and the computer is saying there is no free space...but i can tell that it burned something on the CD and filled it all up. Can ANYONE help me with this problem???
Have you tried booting from it? I don't use nero but there is a good howto here http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/neroburning.html
I did try booting, but nothing happened...in fact it hung on the CD for a while.....but like i said...when i view the contents of the drive...there is nothing there...but something Burned on the CD
You could try a different burning program there are a bunch of the for Windows http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...search=+Go%21+
But have you tested the drive with that brand of CD to see that it really works! And that your CD is really the proper size. I had an older drive and was trying to use the Memorex Black CD's. They used to work great, but with the wear-n-tear on the drive they were getting flaky. I use Windows and Nero to burn Knoppix, so I'll say there's no problem there. If you can't see the CD under windows, they you've got a bad burn...not a knoppix problem. KoppixCD webpage pops up when you autoinsert a CD. It's designed to be seen in windows.
Go into File--Preferences--Expert Features and select the check box that says "Enable image recorder for all supported recorder formats."
I found this by trial and error under the exact same circumstances and it worked for me.
It is also worth noting that I have had problems in the past burning a CD on one computer and then trying to get it to read on another...
What I discovered was this:
Disabling UDMA mode in your BIOS for the secondary master (or whatever channel your burner is on) and running your burner in PIO mode seems to correct any such compatibility problems with burning on one computer and running it on another.
Am I totally nuts here or has someone else discovered this as well?...
Anyway, let me know if this setting change works for you.
It did for me.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99