Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.
The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.
Thank Much
Ron
Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
It works together in the Version 2003-09-22 and later.Originally Posted by Lex
Ron: Boot with the dma cheat code it is turned off that should speed the loading from the CD.
--I thnk you have an interesting idea, don't know if it's possible (ISO to DVD = bootable.) Googled a bit and found this, lemme know if it helps.
http://www.softlandmark.com/DVDRWriting2.htm
--You may have to do something like using the ISO and the boot.img file together to make the DVD bootable, I dunno.
Originally Posted by rrolsbe

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU Series 10Gb SFP+ Direct Attach Copper (DAC) Cables
$10.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module
$19.98
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00