Just a thought, but you could tinker a little with boot parameters. The default resolution in Knoppix is 1024x768. At the boot prompt, you might type:
knopppix screen=800x600
and see what happens.
I burned three different versions of Knoppix (one for each of the versions posted on the Virginia Tech FTP site. One was the July version, the other two were the Sept. versions). Each one freezes during the boot, immediately after detecting and loading the drivers for the NeoMagic video/audio chip).
Since these were 3 different CDs burned from 3 different ISO files, and they freeze at exactly the same place, I don't think it's due to a problem with the CD medium or with an error in the ISO downloads. What would be the chances of having the same download error in exactly the same spot in 3 different files?
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try? (Other then buying a CD or downloading yet another ISO file?)
Kiru
Just a thought, but you could tinker a little with boot parameters. The default resolution in Knoppix is 1024x768. At the boot prompt, you might type:
knopppix screen=800x600
and see what happens.
enter "knoppix noagp" at the boot prompt...guaranteed to work..
![]()
Yes, that was the answer I was looking for! It booted up fine after the "knoppix noagp" command!
kiru
I found noagp option and could boot it (failsafe also works), but no audio is availableIt detects the card correctly, but it doesn't work... Any help?
Have you tried alsa with the noagp when you boot? BTW it's usually best to start your own new thread when you post with problems.Originally Posted by Mossaiby
Thanks for reply.
Yeah, I tried ALSA too, but it didn't work either... Also tried pci=bios, pci=irqmask=0x0e98 with no result...
I've updated my BIOS to latest version found on HP site (not the one designed for Win2K)... Which version of BIOS do you use?

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99
Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00