-
Junior Member
registered user
No way! It's the amazing FabianX from the RAMDisk thread.
Well thanks for the advice my friend. It seems I do have it working and it's a real thrill to finally have both my old static sites and a bouncing baby PHP site going as well.
You've saved my much grief and a long journey has come to an end. Now a new one begins --intro to database management and PHP mods.
Just for the record, when looking through the file that comes with the DDClient-3.6.3 tarball called sample-etc-rd.d-init-d_ddclient I didn't see the exact line that you referred to.
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/ddclient
However, I did find something that look similar enough in concept which was a line that looked like this
Code:
PATH=/usr/sbin: ${PATH}
And I changed that to /knoppix/home which was the path where I had put the main ddclient script. I already had /etc/ddclient.conf in place and When I ran the script from the home directory, sure enough my sites were updated.
Success is success and I wouldn't have had the faith to keep plugging away withour your encouragement. Thank you once again for your kind help.
Similar Threads
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By TheBinaryPenguin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
-
By New Guy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
-
By Thorkyl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 03:43 PM
-
By in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99