-
apt-get parse/access error
Hello,
I installed Knoppix (DVD edition) on my notebook (IBM t40) - what went pretty smooth.
now I tried to install alsa
apt-get install alsa-base
promps heeps of error message that the ftp is incorrect, that it can't parse or open the packagefile and so on.
when giving synaptic a try I get
Couldn't stat source package list http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_main_bina ry-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_pub_debian_dists_stable_main_bin ary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
and more of these messages. Presumably security updates are not available for debian testing/unstabl.
I assume that the ftp location is broken, how can I change it?
doing in synaptic: "update list" it is prompting a lot but no packages appear in the list after update is completed
and due to this debian via knoppix is it recommended to install testing or even unstable packages only?
well, some apt-get questions, I hope I haven't missed relevant threads in the FAQ.
thanks in adcance cheers oggi
Similar Threads
-
By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By myztik19 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99