-
Senior Member
ordering Linux-user magazine Knoppix 9.2 issue for delivery to North America
Have been trying to order the Linux-User March 2021 Knoppix 9.2 issue, following the instructions on the magazine's website (telephone or e-mail for availability, price, instructions).
I've e-mailed twice, once in English, the second time in both English and German. No reply or acknowledgement after three days. Has anyone here succeeded in ordering this way? Does no response mean they have run out of copies of the issue already?
Would like to avoid waiting a year or two to get the public version of 9.2...
I noticed also that many of the listed Knoppix sites are no longer active, and of the remainder, some are not keeping up to date, and more are only offering the CD version of 9.1. But the worst experience is that all but one from which I tried to download were creeping along at 30 to 40Kb/s! Something I've never experienced before. Happily, I kept trying and found Sonic in California, which gave me a download speed of just under 700Kb/s for 9.1 DVD (about the maximum I can squeeze through my ISP).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00