-
colored bootup!??
I got the simple debian instaliation to work (FINNALY)
I was wondering how to put the colors back into the boot up screen.... I foudn ti MUCh easier to read wiyth all the colors
plus color is just COOL 
also where is the default lang setting?.. i wanna edit it
-
Can't help with the colored text at boot.
I can't remember where I saw the instructions for setting english as default language but try this:
Open the KDE Control Center.
Expand the Personalization Menu (Head icon).
Select Country & Language (Flag icon).
Find the US Flag in the list of countries.
Click Apply which is the second button from the right.
Hope that helps,
Mike
-
yea i tried thatin teh panel... it changed the system launguage to eng... which is good.. so i can read the titles of prorgams..
But the launguage icon next to time starts wrong.. I change ti everytime at log-on but it doesnt' seem to save..::
But i also dont' properly understand the command to shutdown
liek shutdown time ???? [what doi need there?]
I jsut got this up a running... totally trashed my windows on my laptop.. so it's all linux now:: infatc all knoppix debien...
i can't seem to get to the floppy to mount.. : / .. but i havent' checked the FAQs yet... so that's my next stop.. plus this book i got
-
The knoppix-autostart script sets the defualts for language and KDE stuff too. See /etc/init.d...
Similar Threads
-
By digDug in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By jjmerrill in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:13 AM
-
By sham in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By Jaki in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Guitarman500 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99